Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thursday, July 28th Bridge Work at Cemex


Good Afternoon Fellow NCTr's:

I've put together an eight-foot-long, foot and DR mower bridge over the past week and it looks and works pretty darn good sitting there on my back porch. However, since I don't have any water related issues on my back porch here in Canfield, I thought it might have more utility on the rerouted section of trail below the haunted house at Cemex where we need to cross over a seasonally-wet water course.

The plan is to gather at the Fletcher Hill Road trailhead tomorrow evening (Thursday, July 28) at 6:00 PM to carry in and install it. With enough hands on the carry in we should be able to knock this task out in a couple of hours. Jim Nocera and I worked one evening last week on this part of the trail, finishing up the grubbing and paint blazing and so this bridge is the final step on the reroute. Appreciated his help on another warm and buggy evening on the North Country Trail.

Come when you can and stay as long as you want - all help is appreciated! Hope to see you tomorrow evening at Fletcher Hill.

Dave Brewer
Trail Work Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment