Thursday, July 8, 2010

Friday Trailwork 7-9 REVENGE

Good Morning Fellow NCTr's:

I tried to take a leisurely stroll on the North Country Trail at Cemex earlier in the week, starting off at Tony Dytko Road heading east towards Chewton - West Pgh. Road. I had only gone a short distance when those trail thugs - the multifloral rose, black-raspberry bushes, and just common, ordinary weeds - ganged up on me, roughed me up, took my lunch money, and sent me scampering back to the car. As I departed I heard them yell, "And don't come back! We're in charge here!"

Well, tomorrow morning I'm going back. WITH the DR mower, WITH the weedwacker, WITH the loppers, and WITH the backpack sprayer. There's a score to settle out there on that section of trail! And I want my lunch money back. Who's with me?

We'll take off from Jata's in Wampum at 9:00 AM and head to Tony Dytko Road. Use caution if you are traveling up Tony Dytko from River Road as it is pretty eroded on the part that gets you up the hill and you could bottom out - you'd be better off coming from Chewton. We'll be out a couple of hours - come to Jata's earlier for breakfast if you'd like.

Hope to see you tomorrow morning on the trail,
Dave Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment