Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tuesday Trail Work 6-22

Hello Folks

We'll pick up where we left off last week on the Snake Run to Fletcher Hill segment. We need to continue touching up blazes and do some "weed whacking". We'll meet this week at the Fletcher Hill Rd trailhead.

Tuesday is going to be my last time out with the trail crew. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to continue as a trail work coordinator. Without going into details, I just can't afford to spend as much time as I have in the the past on the Trail, (800+ hours by my count) and it doesn't end with just trail work. I will continue as an adopter, taking care of the River Rd. to Tony Dytko Rd section.

I would encourage anyone who can to adopt a section of trail and maintain it. Maintainence 3 times a year will keep most sections in good shape. That takes a lot of pressure off the trail crews. It's been said that "you can eat an elephant if you take a lot of small bites". I think that can be applied to taking care of the trail as well.

We'll leave from Jata's in Wampum at 0900. Come earlier for breakfast if you wish.

Bob Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment