Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tuesday Mornings In Wampum!


Hello Folks,


I want to first apologize for any confusion I may have caused regarding what day we usually work in the Wampum area. I've been dealing with a couple minor, but at times aggravating, health issues and I didn't know for sure if trail work would agree with me this year. Dave Brewer was able to lead the crew last Thursday and I made the trip out to do some spring cleaning of the trail along River Rd. I think I'll be able to do it this year as long as I behave myself (diet wise) and I thank Dave for stepping up and covering for me.


Tuesday mornings have always worked well for us in the past so I can't see any reason to change. We have a short section of tread leveling I'd like to tackle on the section of trail between River and Tony Dytko roads. We eased into a bit of it Thursday and found the digging to be fairly easy. We should be able to complete it in one session. Fixing this area will make mowing much easier.


Speaking of mowing, I got the DR mower ready to go for the season this afternoon. I changed the oil and filter and sharpened the blade. The mower had plenty of battery power after sitting all winter so hopefully we won't have any maintenance nightmares like last year.


We'll meet the same time as previous years. Leave Jata's Diner in Wampum at 9 AM sharp, come earlier for breakfast if you wish. We'll access the trail from Tony Dytko Rd this week to eliminate alot of walking to the site. I found a short cut a few years ago that most of you aren't aware of. For that reason if you don't leave from Jata's you can meet us on River Rd at the Cemex loading silo (large concrete structure with conveyor over the road). Be advised Dytko Rd. is not in the best of shape but passable.


Hope to see you on the Trail

Bob Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment